Dear New Life family,
With the current coronavirus pandemic many people are afraid or uncertain about what the coming days and weeks ahead hold. As Christians, our faith, confidence and trust are in the Lord and we do not need to be fearful.
At the same time we do not want to be complacent so we’re closely monitoring the situation and considering the potential impact further developments may have on us as a church. We are following the latest advice from the government, therefore at this moment in time, this Sunday’s services will be going ahead at the usual times of 9:30, 11:30 and 6pm. Additionally, all of our weekend activities will be going ahead as planned including our special meeting tomorrow (Saturday) at 6pm with JC Alzamora.
However, there are some guidelines we want you to be aware of if visiting the centre:
- Please do not attend if you have a new continuous cough, and/or a high temperature.
- Please wash your hands before leaving home and upon arrival at the centre.
- Please refrain from physical contact during our meetings e.g. hugging and handshaking.
- If you are over 70 or have an underlying health condition, we would advise you to stay at home.
If you have any concerns regarding the health of you or your family, we strongly recommend you follow existing NHS guidelines which can be found here.
Ahead of our Sunday services, we have taken the following precautions in order to do our part to minimise the spread of the virus:
- We will not be sharing communion this week.
- We will not be passing the offering bags along the rows, so please listen out for alternative instructions as to how we will receive the offering.
- Our centre is cleaned regularly, but we have taken extra measures to disinfect door handles.
- When you arrive, you’ll be greeted with an ‘elbow pump’ or the ‘Wuhan shake’!
If you are unable to attend this Sunday we’ll be getting the message from the morning meetings on our website as soon as we can and you can still give your offering by bank transfer or via our giving webpage here.
We’ll continue to monitor the situation and all our further meetings and activities in the near future will be under review. We’ll also keep you informed of our ongoing response and any changes, so please stay connected by checking our website and social media platforms.
Let’s continue to pray for a miraculous halt to the spread of this virus.
God bless you,
The elders of New Life